Austin Crane Accident Lawyer
If you were injured at work or as a third-party, Attorney Eric A. Ramos can help you collect the full compensation you deserve after a crane accident.
Crane accidents are some of the most severe and devastating construction site injuries that occur on construction sites. Due to the sheer size, weight, and loads involved in crane operation, crane accidents account for a disproportionately large percentage of construction site injuries and deaths.
With a boom in construction in Austin and throughout Texas, crane accident rates are on the rise. After an injury, it’s important to know your legal rights. Often times, the responsible party of their insurer will ask you to sign paperwork or accept a settlement that is grossly inadequate. Agreeing to an early settlement or accepting payment in any form can make it legally impossible for you to recover fair and just compensation.
Can I bring a lawsuit after a crane accident if my employer has worker’s compensation insurance?
While employers are typically protected from lawsuits if they have workers compensation insurance, we have found many cases in which the employer can still be held liable. Crane accidents usually involve complex facts that may show your injury was the fault of many parties, for example: The employer, contractors, subcontractors, individuals, the crane manufacturer, the crane maintenance company, third-parties, and others.
If you were injured in a crane accident as a guest, patron, or un-related spectator, you may have a direct claim against several parties as well.
TELL US WHAT HAPPENED
Your Legal Rights Must Be Protected After an Injury in Austin, TX
In order to recover compensation in an injury involving a crane, there are several steps you need to take to protect your legal rights. When you hire our firm to represent you, we will help you every step of the way, and we will take as much of the burden off of your shoulders as possible. This includes helping you with:
- Getting Urgent Medical Care – After a crane accident, it is crucial to seek medical attention as soon as possible. We can recommend a doctor you can trust, arrange for appointments, and advance costs of medical treatment.
- Preserving Critical Evidence – Investigating a crane accident presents unique challenges, and liable parties are often hesitant to get involved or turn over information. We can deal with these issues for you, and make sure we get to the bottom of every fact that contributed to your injury.
- Calculating Your Losses – To seek full and fair compensation, we need to accurately calculate your current and future harms and losses. We rely on our experience in construction site injury cases to make sure we know the full extent of your damages.
What compensation can I recover if I’m injured in an Austin, TX crane accident?
In construction site and workplace injury cases, the compensation we fight for typically includes:
- Past and future medical bills
- Prescription costs
- Lost income and benefits
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Travel and other out-of-pocket expenses
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of companionship, support, services, and enjoyment of life
Types of Cases We Handle
Fill out the form to get started with your free evaluation of your Austin crane accident injury today.