How to Look Up Criminal Records
Texas allows individuals and businesses to search criminal records online. To find criminal records, you will need to create an account on the Texas DPS website and pay a fee of $3.00 per search (plus about $0.32 in fees). To complete a Texas criminal record search through the DPS website, follow the steps below (or we can look them up for you for free).
- Visit https://records.txdps.state.tx.us/DpsWebsite/CriminalHistory/About.aspx#requirements
- Click on “Criminal History Conviction Search“
- Under the “New Users” tab, click “New User Sign Up“
- Under “Account Type” >> “Company Information” >> Select either “Individual Account” or “Company Account”
- Enter your personal information including, Full Name, Phone Number, Address, User ID, Password, and Security Question.
- Once logged in, click on “Purchase Credits”
- Choose “Number of Credits”, input contact and billing information and click “Continue” to purchase credits.
- You will be taken to the main screen where you will select “Search Database”
- On the search page, enter as much information as possible, including full name and date of birth. Click “Search” to display results.
Free Criminal Record Check
If you have been arrested, charged, or convicted of a crime, it may appear on your criminal record. If you would like us to check for you, we will be happy to do so. We already have an account with the TXDPS Crime Records Service Public Website and we will cover the cost of a lookup. Please note, that we will only look up your own criminal record, and we do not provide record checks for other people.
How Can I Get My Free Criminal Record Check?
It’s simple. Just call our office to give us a few quick pieces of information and we’ll get started. We usually get your complimentary criminal record report to you the same day.