2018 Drunk Driving Pledge Scholarship
Eric Ramos Law Drunk Driving Pledge Scholarship
Here at Eric Ramos Law, we understand the value of higher education. Unsurprisingly, we also understand how expensive it can be. To help students achieve their educational goals, personal injury lawyer Eric Ramos is proud to announce the first annual Eric Ramos Law Drunk Driving Pledge Scholarship.
Total Time Required to Apply: 5-10 minutes
The Eric Ramos Law scholarship is available to any students who are currently enrolled or admitted to any community college, university, or graduate school in the country. Those who have completed high school or a GED and have been admitted to an institution of higher education are also eligible to apply.
To apply for our 2018 scholarship, please submit a video (no more than three minutes in length) discussing drunk or impaired driving accidents/injury/deaths and recite the pledge to not drink and drive in 2018 (step #4 below).
4 Simple Steps to Make Your Video Application
1. State your name and that you are taking the drunk driving pledge.
ex. “Hi, my name is [full name] and I am taking the 2018 Eric Ramos Law Drunk Driving Pledge.”
2. Share 1 or more useful pieces of information about drunk or impaired driving.
ex. “In 2017, drunk driving was the cause of X number of accidents/injuries/deaths in [state/country].”
ex. “In a survey by X, Y number of college students admitted to drinking and driving.”
ex. “Since Uber/Lyft/Cabs arrived in [geographic area] drunk driving accidents or arrests have decreased by [percentage].”
3. State if and how drunk driving has affected you or someone you know. If you do not have an example, give a general statement about how drunk or impaired driving negatively affects your town/state/society/other.
ex. “In 2015, my cousin was hit by a drunk driver and had to have back surgery. Because of this…(explain)”
ex. “Drunk driving is so much of a problem that my family and I don’t go out for New Years or major holidays…(explain)”
4. Recite the pledge: “I [full name] understand that drunk driving is the direct cause of thousands of avoidable injuries and deaths every year. I pledge to do my part and refrain from driving if I am drunk, buzzed, or otherwise impaired.”
Instructions for Submitting Your Video Application:
1. Record a video (
2. Upload your video to YouTube with the title “Eric Ramos Law Annual Scholarship by [your name]”
3. Insert a link to ericramoslaw.com in the description section of your YouTube Video (not the comments).
4. Once your video has been uploaded, notify us by email at [email protected] with the following information:
- Your full name
- Mailing address
- Phone number
- Link to your YouTube video
- Name of your school with proof of enrollment (transcript or admission letter will suffice)
- Your major or prospective area of study
Winner will be selected based on the overall message and your perceived level of helpfulness and sincerity. Note: we do not expect “professionally” produced videos. Cell phone or laptop videos are fine.
Submitting your application gives Eric Ramos Law, PLLC permission to use your video and information for promotional and marketing purposes.
The deadline for submissions is July 31, 2018. The winner will be selected
This is an annual scholarship and we encourage all applicants to reapply in 2019.