San Antonio and Laredo, TX Work Injury Lawyer
If you were injured at work, Attorney Eric A. Ramos can help you collect the full compensation you deserve. Even if your employer paid workers’ compensation benefits, you may be entitled to an additional recovery.
Can I bring a lawsuit if my employer has worker’s compensation insurance?
As a general rule, employees cannot sue their employers for work-related injuries. This is a function of Texas workers’ compensation laws, which provide an “exclusive-remedy” for injured workers in Texas. This means that if your employer has a valid workers’ comp policy, you cannot sue. Unfortunately, this system tends to provide some compensation for all, but full compensation for none.
TELL US WHAT HAPPENED
Exception 2 – Invalid Workers’ Compensation Policy: In rare cases, a defect in a workers’ compensation policy could invalidate it and allow you to seek greater compensation by filing a lawsuit. This may be the case even if benefits have already been paid. We have seen this scenario arise with labor staffing and temporary employment agencies.
Your Legal Rights Must Be Protected After an Accident at Work
In order to recover compensation in a work injury claim, there are several steps you need to take to protect your legal
rights. When you hire our firm to represent you, we will help you every step of the way, and we will take as much of the burden off of your shoulders as possible. This includes helping you with:
- Seeking Prompt Medical Attention – After an on-the-job accident, it is important that you seek medical attention as soon as possible. We can recommend a doctor you can trust, and we can arrange for appointments that fit with your schedule.
- Avoiding Costly Mistakes – From talking about the accident with co-workers to returning to work too soon, there are several common mistakes you should try to avoid. Attorney Eric Ramos will advise you personally about what not to do.
- Preserving Critical Evidence – Investigating a work-related accident presents unique challenges, and employers are often hesitant to get involved or turn over information. We can deal with these issues for you, and we will make sure you get to tell your story from your point of view.
- Calculating Your Losses – To seek full compensation, we need to accurately calculate your current and future losses. We can use our experience in work injury cases to make sure you do not leave any money on the table.
- Making Informed Decisions – When is it okay to return to work? Should you settle or take your case to trial? You will face several difficult questions during your case, and we are here to make sure you feel comfortable and confident as you move forward.
What compensation can I recover if I’m hurt on the job?
In work injury cases, the compensation we fight for typically includes:
- Past and future medical bills
- Prescription costs
- Lost income and benefits
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Travel and other out-of-pocket expenses
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of companionship, support, services, and enjoyment of life
We Hold the Negligent Party Responsible
If you’re not exactly sure who is to blame for your work injury, then let us find out who is. Depending on where and how you were injured, there are potentially several individuals or companies that could be liable for your injury-related losses. When we investigate your case, we will identify all of the responsible parties so that we can recover maximum compensation as quickly as possible. Your case could involve one or more claims against:
- A property owner or commercial landlord
- A contractor or subcontractor
- A product manufacturer
- A negligent vehicle driver (or his or her employer)
- A vendor or service provider (such as a cleaning company or elevator repair company)
Why Choose The Law Office of Eric A. Ramos?
Eric Ramos is a San Antonio and Laredo work injury lawyer who devotes 100 percent of his practice to fighting for injury victims and their families. He brings invaluable insights to pursuing compensation for his clients through insurance settlements and at trial.
At Eric Ramos Law, every case starts with a free consultation, and all clients receive our no-fee guarantee. You pay nothing out of pocket ever, and we only receive a fee if we help you recover compensation.
Get Started with a Free Consultation
For more information about workplace injury claims, please call (210) 404-HURT or tell us what happened online. We can schedule most appointments the same-day, or at a time that fits your schedule.