San Antonio Work Injury Lawyer
If you were injured at work, Attorney Eric A. Ramos can help you collect the full compensation you deserve. Even if your employer has workers’ compensation insurance, you may be entitled to an additional recovery.
While employers look at on-the-job injuries in terms of loss of productivity, we understand that getting injured on the job means far more than being unable to do your job. Once you use up your sick days and vacation days (or paid time off), not working means not getting paid. You may be eligible for workers’ compensation, but (i) collecting benefits takes time, and (ii) even if you receive “full” benefits, they still typically do not cover all of your injury-related losses. Injured employees often face financial hardship, and providing for their families often requires more than the minimum workers’ compensation benefits allowable under Texas law.
Can I bring a lawsuit in Texas if my employer has worker’s compensation insurance?
As a general rule, employees cannot sue their employers for work-related injuries. This is a function of Texas workers’ compensation laws, which provide an “exclusive remedy” for injured workers in Texas. This means that if your employer has workers’ compensation insurance, you cannot sue. Unfortunately, this system tends to provide some compensation for all, but full compensation for none.
Tell Us About Your Workplace Injury
You May Have a Third Party Claim
If your injury was fully or partially caused by a third-party you may be able to file a claim. This is a claim against a person or company other than your co-worker or employer that is legally responsible for your work-related injury. While you cannot sue your employer (in most cases), you can sue any other party that is to blame, and pursuing a claim may allow you to recover compensation for the physical, emotional, and financial costs of your injury. We search for potentially responsible third parties in every work injury claim.
Work Injury Lawyer in San Antonio, Texas
If you’ve been hurt on the job and find yourself looking for a work injury attorney, you’ve come to the right place! Injury attorney Eric Ramos has helped many clients recover compensation after an on-the-job injury. With offices in San Antonio, Laredo, McAllen, and Midland, help is always nearby!
I was injured at work. What are my rights?
After an on-the-job injury in Texas, your rights will be heavily determined by whether your employer has workers compensation coverage or not. Workers compensation insurance requires you to see the insurance/company doctors, go through the workers compensation system, and accept typically small sums of money for work injuries and lost wages due to injury and disability.
When you have a workers compensation claim, you do not have a legal right to sue for your injuries. Contrary to popular belief, accident lawyers CANNOT file an injury lawsuit (negligence claim) against your employer if they have workers compensation insurance. Employers use workers compensation insurance as a shield to protect their assets and keep you from getting the money you’re really entitled to. If you’ve had a serious injury and your employer has workers comp, you should still contact a San Antonio work accident lawyer to make sure you know all of your legal rights.
In order to recover compensation for an on-the-job claim, there are several steps you need to take to properly manage your injury claim. When you hire our firm to represent you, Personal Injury Attorney Eric Ramos will help you every step of the way, and we will take as much of the burden off of your shoulders as possible. This includes helping you with:
- Seeking Prompt Medical Attention – After an on-the-job accident, it is important that you seek medical attention as soon as possible. We can recommend a doctor you can trust, and we can arrange for appointments that fit with your schedule.
- Avoiding Costly Mistakes – From talking about workplace accidents with co-workers to returning to work too soon, there are several common mistakes you should try to avoid. Attorney Eric Ramos will advise you personally about what not to do.
- Preserving Critical Evidence – Investigating a work-related accident presents unique challenges, and employers are often hesitant to get involved or turn over information. We can deal with these issues for you, and we will make sure you get to tell your story from your point of view.
- Calculating Your Losses – To seek full compensation after you’re injured on the job, we need to accurately calculate your current and future losses. We use our experience in work injury cases to make sure you do not leave any money on the table.
- Making Informed Decisions – When is it okay to return to work? Should you settle or take your case to trial? You will face several difficult questions during your case, and our law firm here to make sure you feel comfortable and confident as you move forward.
What compensation can I recover if I’m hurt at work in Texas?
In workplace accident cases, the compensation we fight for typically includes:
- Past and future medical bills
- Prescription costs
- Lost income and benefits
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Travel and other out-of-pocket expenses
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of companionship, support, services, and enjoyment of life
Why Hire A San Antonio Work Injury Lawyer?
At Eric Ramos Law, PLLC, we represent clients who have suffered all types of job-related injuries in San Antonio, TX. From office jobs to residential and commercial construction, we represent employees in all occupations, and we take the same passionate, efficient, and aggressive approach to every case we handle.
Workplace Injury Lawyers Hold Negligent Parties Responsible
If you’re not exactly sure who is responsible for your San Antonio workplace accident, then let us find out for you. Depending on where and how you were injured, there are potentially several individuals or companies that could be liable for your on-the-job injury. When we investigate your case, we will identify all of the responsible parties so that we can recover maximum compensation as quickly as possible. Your case could involve one or more claims against:
- A property owner or commercial landlord
- A contractor or subcontractor
- A product manufacturer
- A negligent vehicle driver (or his or her employer)
- A vendor or service provider (such as a cleaning company or elevator repair company)
Why Choose Eric Ramos Law, PLLC?
Eric Ramos is a San Antonio, TX workplace accident law firm that devotes 100 percent of his practice to fighting for injury victims and their families. He brings invaluable insights to pursuing compensation for his clients through insurance settlements and at trial.
At Eric Ramos Law, every case starts with a free consultation, and all clients receive our no-fee guarantee. You pay nothing out of pocket ever, and we only receive a fee if we help you recover compensation.
Get a Free Consultation – San Antonio, TX Work Injury Lawyers
For more information about workplace injury claims, please call our San Antonio work injury attorneys at (210) 404-HURT or tell us what happened online. We can schedule most appointments the same-day, or at a time that fits your schedule.
What Our Clients Say
“Like I’m sure most of you know, there are about a million personal injury lawyers in San Antonio. Just deciding who to call was overwhelming. I took a while to do my research on all the big names and whoever popped up on the internet, but eventually a co-worker told me about Eric Ramos Law. She had used them for another matter and gave me their information to look up. They had a great repuration online and a nice website. I chatted with Virginia through their website and she connected me directly to Mr. Ramos. I was hesitant to speak with him at first but he was so friendly and put me at ease. Long story short: I am so glad I contacted this law firm and I highly recommend them to anyone looking for a lawyer.”
Rating: 5/5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Read more reviews on Google!
Eric Ramos Law, PLLC
Personal Injury Lawyer San Antonio
7979 Broadway #207, San Antonio, TX, 78209,
Fill out the form to get started with your free evaluation of your San Antonio workplace injury case.